Monday, September 12, 2005

New Year!

During my elementary school time, September 23 had always special meaning for me and for other students. It was the beginning of new educational year in my country and it gave me two contrastive feelings. The first and dominant one was a sort of happiness, because I would meet new classmates and new friends. Also parents used to buy new stuff for students for new educational year, and it was another reason for being happy about this new start. The second feeling was somehow sadness! Because summer time had been passed and we should just focus on our studies rather than having fun.
Now after more than 20 years I have somehow the same feelings in September. When I want to start my teachings for new coming students I can feel again this contrast. Believe me that it is not because of restriction in having fun, but I think it has been become part of my feelings with respect to this time of year after several years. Maybe one of the most important reasons is that weather is going to be cold in this time of the year.

This year I have started a very busy September. First of all I had a summer school in Visby (I think it should be renamed to "fall school!"). It was my first time in Gotland and it was very beautiful. If you are living in Sweden I would recommend you to arrange a trip to Gotland. As a part of my teaching I have also one course which has been started. On the other hand we should measure the chip which we were involved with its design during this year. Also I need to prepare my presentation in IEEE SoC conference and all of these things need time. Anyway this lack of time could be another reason for me to have opposite feelings!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nanni said...

Dear Behzad,

don't worry... The summer comes again for you ... So just enjoy your happiness and winter...
Summer is going to be in the hearth of winter...

Have nice time in US....

Yeganeh

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home